Friday, November 15, 2013

Community Helpers Unit Plus a FREEBIE!

The past few weeks in my classroom, my students learned about Community Helpers and they loved it!  We were fortunate enough to have several visitors, including a police officer, fire fighters, a nurse, and a baker.
Pin It


Aren't those reindeer cupcakes adorable?!  Thank you to Rhonda Jones at Main Sweets for making this experience so much fun for our kiddos!
Pin It


In addition to our wonderful visitors, who all did a fantastic job, we also read books about Community Helpers and made bubble maps of each kind of helper that we studied.  I began by making a Bubble Map Anchor Chart, and then let my kiddos head back to their seats and fill in their own version to take home and share with their families. 
Pin It


The Bubble Map Pieces that you see here can be downloaded for FREE from my TpT store here:
Community Helpers Bubble Map and Graphing FREEBIE

In addition to our whole group learning, we also completed Community Helper themed math and literacy centers. 
Pin It


Student versions of the Community Helper Bubble Maps and these literacy centers plus a lot more can be purchased at my TpT store here:  Community Helper Math and Literacy Centers plus More!
This unit includes 150 pages of Math and Literacy fun that can be used over a 2-3 week period in your classroom. 

Today, during Math, my students completed a graphing activity to wrap up the unit.  As you can see, they were most excited about the possibility of becoming a police officer!
Pin It


I hope that you'll head on over to my TpT store and grab this graph and the bubble map anchor chart pieces!  If you do, please remember to leave feedback--it really means a lot to me!
Pin It



--Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment